Demo

Issues related to VMProtect
Tyler

Demo

Post by Tyler »

Hi, I have a few comments and questions about the demo.

Firstly congratulation on actually having the only secure packer I could get working out of all the software on this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_compression VMProtect was the only one I could find that actually worked at all.

I have three things on my wishlist:

1. Make it so I can drag as many DLL's as I want into the DLL box, I have 4 .exe's to protect that each require 10 DLL's that means I have to add 40 DLL's one by one, it's extremely slow and painful!
2. Make it bundle everything. I'd really like to just drop a load of exe's and dll's and other resources into a bin and have you protect them all in a single executable.
3. Make it compatible with UPX packer. One DLL I tested is 35MB, when I pack it with UPX it ends up as 10MB, when I pack it and secure it with VMProtect it ends up as 45MB, that sucks.

And two questions:

1. One of my EXE's forks a new process frequently, every time this happens VMProtect says the new process is corrupt and it fails, is there a way around this?
2. Is there some way to create a default "trial license" with an expiry of X days or maybe not even have a license at all, just an option to expire the executable.

It amazes me there is nothing out there that reliably bundles a load of EXE's and DLL's. Seems to me you guys have the best opportunity to own that space.

Cheers,
>T<
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Demo

Post by Admin »

1. Make it so I can drag as many DLL's as I want into the DLL box, I have 4 .exe's to protect that each require 10 DLL's that means I have to add 40 DLL's one by one, it's extremely slow and painful!
In other words you want to have the drag&drop feature for DLL Box?
2. Make it bundle everything. I'd really like to just drop a load of exe's and dll's and other resources into a bin and have you protect them all in a single executable.
Unfortunately VMProtect can not include other resources into bundle - only DLLs.
3. Make it compatible with UPX packer. One DLL I tested is 35MB, when I pack it with UPX it ends up as 10MB, when I pack it and secure it with VMProtect it ends up as 45MB, that sucks.
Our product it`s more than simple packer as UPX, etc. So if you want check only compression ratio you must remove VMProtect`s SDK from your application, clear function list for protection at first tab and turn off all options except packing. In any cases packing feature does not available in the demo version :))
1. One of my EXE's forks a new process frequently, every time this happens VMProtect says the new process is corrupt and it fails, is there a way around this?
Could you send us a test application with these features?
2. Is there some way to create a default "trial license" with an expiry of X days or maybe not even have a license at all, just an option to expire the executable.
We recommend to use online activation through Web License Manager for it.