VMProtectActivateLicense with Delphi

Issues related to VMProtect
Trevis

VMProtectActivateLicense with Delphi

Post by Trevis »

I am evaluating the product for you and so far I am finding it amazing! I'm having some difficulties in testing mode WLM, you could give me an example of the function VMProtectActivateLicense with Delphi?

The way I'm using I can activate the following code in http://weblm.vmpsoft.com (Product # 89), however, I get a generic error BEX and the program ends at this point.

var
SerialNumber: PAnsiChar;
begin
ActivateState: VMProtectActivateLicense = ("IZR2-VLDM-GXDZ '
SerialNumber,
Round (4096/8 * 3/2 + 10));
end;

Thank you for your support.

English by Google Translate.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: VMProtectActivateLicense with Delphi

Post by Admin »

Code: Select all

var Buf:array [0..1023] of AnsiChar;
    State: Integer;
begin
  State := VMProtectActivateLicense('IZR2-VLDM-GXDZ', Buf, SizeOf(Buf));
  if State=0 then
   edSerial.Text:=Buf
  else
   MessageDlg(Format('Activation error: %d',[State]),mtError,[mbOk],0);
end;
Trevis

Post by Trevis »

It worked perfectly!

Now I'm having trouble activating the codes for certain modes of the product.

If I activate an activation code for the product # 89 works, but if I activate an activation code to the way "30 days free trial" get the status 2 at the time of setting the serial number. And strangely when I check the serial number generated http://weblm.vmpsoft.com get an error saying "Serial number parsing error".

Thanks for your support.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks for your report. The bug in WebLM is fixed.

P.S. For trial activation code you can use unlimited activation count (the value of "Activations Count" can be empty).
Trevis

Post by Trevis »

Again, it worked perfectly!

I really like the speed bug fix.

Now that my application is "integrated" with the VMProtect I have some conceptual doubts, see if you can help me:

I like to do in my application a licensing process similar to Kaspersky, for example, the application itself must generate an activation code (trial) on the first run. Is this possible? Is there any API for this step?

I realized that if I manually lock a serial number and reactivate my application WLM will generate another serial number. How do I put a serial number on the blacklist and prevent the application to work in a particular customer?

PS.: If I register a unique activation code with unlimited activations will look like the name and e-mail since it will already be informed in the code? His suggestion was just to test or is as it should be used?

Thank you for support.
English by Google Translate. If any part of it was hard to understand let me know that I try to rewrite.
Support

Post by Support »

Trevis wrote:I like to do in my application a licensing process similar to Kaspersky, for example, the application itself must generate an activation code (trial) on the first run. Is this possible? Is there any API for this step?
You don't need this. Just generate an unlimited activation code and put it to your application. At the first run you do the activation using that code, WebLM checks the database for such HWID and either generates a new serial number for the fresh activation, or returns an existing one. So the user can't activate twice to get a new trial, for example.
Trevis wrote:PS.: If I register a unique activation code with unlimited activations will look like the name and e-mail since it will already be informed in the code? His suggestion was just to test or is as it should be used?
sorry?
Trevis

Post by Trevis »

You don't need this. Just generate an unlimited activation code and put it to your application. At the first run you do the activation using that code, WebLM checks the database for such HWID and either generates a new serial number for the fresh activation, or returns an existing one. So the user can't activate twice to get a new trial, for example.
But in this case the name and e-mail customer will always be the same for trial activations, right? Is there a way to activate the code by the application with the name and e-mail each customer?
Trevis

Post by Trevis »

Any news?
Support

Post by Support »

Trevis wrote:But in this case the name and e-mail customer will always be the same for trial activations, right? Is there a way to activate the code by the application with the name and e-mail each customer?
That feature is not (yet) supported, you may try to put your server between the application and WebLM, so it acts like a proxy and saves name/serial number pairs to your own database. Our vision so far is that trials should be anonymous.