Protect a dll file

Issues related to VMProtect
Philipp

Protect a dll file

Post by Philipp »

Hello everyone!

I want to protect a dll file using VMProtect, which works perfectly fine in general, but with one particular file I run into a problem.

Our project is very large, so we cannot protect every single function. Therefore I want to protect the whole file.
The approach is pretty straight forward: Drop the compiled file into the GUI (or specify it in the command line version) and invoke the protection with the required options.
Normally the output is a lovely, protected, runnable file again, but in the case of my dll, VMProtect stops the protection process at 100% saving and never finishes. (I added a screenshot of the console version. This state is contained for hours, until I close the window manually. RAM usage rises slowly and is over 840000K, CPU usage is one core all the time (25%))
The protection options are VMProtect standard for testing purposes. The dll has been compiled in debug mode and is about 40MB large. (similar to the exe file that is the origin of the dll. The exe can be protected as described)

Do you have any idea, what could cause this problem?

Thank you for your time!
Philipp
Attachments
ProtectingADll.png
ProtectingADll.png (6.31 KiB) Viewed 9341 times
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Protect a dll file

Post by Admin »

Please send us your test DLL file and we`ll try to solve this problem.
Philipp

Re: Protect a dll file

Post by Philipp »

That will be a problem, as I am not allowed to send the file anywhere.
I hoped, that maybe you have solved a similar problem and could make a guess, what could be the problem.

In any case I will talk to my superior tomorrow, maybe I can send the file, if we use some secure way of communication.