Can't resolve assembly: CommunityToolkit.Mvvm, Version=8.2.0.0

Issues related to VMProtect
Edison

Can't resolve assembly: CommunityToolkit.Mvvm, Version=8.2.0.0

Post by Edison »

I'm trying the new feature 'PublishSingleFile=true for .NET', and when publishing I get the following error message:
Can't resolve assembly: CommunityToolkit.Mvvm, Version=8.2.0.0.

I did the following research:
1. If I do not use mvvm mode (do not use CommunityToolkit.Mvvm), the program can be released normally and protected.
2. Other dll files can be packaged into the program normally, but only CommunityToolkit.Mvvm cannot be packaged.
3. CommunityToolkit.Mvvm is installed using NuGet and used normally.
4. If I don’t use the code provided in the post for protection, it can be published and run normally.

So I'm not sure, if the problem comes from CommunityToolkit.Mvvm, or because vmp doesn't support MVVM at the moment.

In my understanding, the code used in 'PublishSingleFile=true for .NET' only protects the project's dll with the same name before publishing, and does not participate in the packaging process. The packaging process is completed by VS. I don't know if my understanding is correct.

I made a test project, please check it out, thank you.
Attachments
MVVM.zip
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't resolve assembly: CommunityToolkit.Mvvm, Version=8.2.0.0

Post by Admin »

Just copy required DLLs to "obj\Release\net8.0-windows"
Edison

Re: Can't resolve assembly: CommunityToolkit.Mvvm, Version=8.2.0.0

Post by Edison »

Admin wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:00 am Just copy required DLLs to "obj\Release\net8.0-windows"
Thank you, the problem has been resolved according to your ideas, but I have placed the file under "obj \ Release \ net8.0 windows \ win x64(or win x86)"