The performance of loading vmprotect3.8.2 shell loaded DLL during process startup on WIN10 ARM is very slow.

Issues related to VMProtect
paituo

The performance of loading vmprotect3.8.2 shell loaded DLL during process startup on WIN10 ARM is very slow.

Post by paituo »

Under x86, it only takes 3 seconds, while under arm, it takes more than 3 minutes.

I will not encounter this issue if I use vmprotect3.6.0 as a shell, and the performance is very fast.
Please confirm if there are any performance issues with version 3.8.2 on the Win10 arm system.

The following is the relevant information collected:
BwCommonResManagerBundle.dll is protected by vmprotect3.8.2 and has been disabled without options such as memory verification, compression, checking debuggers, checking virtual machines, and resource protection.
30s.png
30s.png (158.5 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
The entire performance log.
vmprotect_arm.zip
(3.47 MiB) Downloaded 292 times
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The performance of loading vmprotect3.8.2 shell loaded DLL during process startup on WIN10 ARM is very slow.

Post by Admin »

Do you know that Windows for ARM emulates Intel instructions?
paituo

Re: The performance of loading vmprotect3.8.2 shell loaded DLL during process startup on WIN10 ARM is very slow.

Post by paituo »

I understand the principle that Win10 arm simulates the execution of x86 code through xtajit.dll。

But due to the significant performance difference between using vmprotect3.6.0 protection and
using vmprotect3.8.2 protection for the same DLL, does 3.8.2 have some compatibility when running on WIN10 ARM?
And it's not just the performance reason for WIN10 ARM to simulate executing instructions.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since 3.7.4 VMProtect has many improvements in the code virtualization, so the VM executes more Intel instructions than earlier versions.