Control activation on each launch

Issues related to WebLM
alorent

Control activation on each launch

Post by alorent »

Hi,

I'm still learning about the Web License Manager.

1) Will it require internet access each time that my application is launched to check if the activation code has been invalidated by me?

2) If it does not require internet access, how can I block an activation code if my customer never connects his computer to the internet?

Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Control activation on each launch

Post by Admin »

Are you a registered user of VMProtect?
alorent

Post by alorent »

Hi,

I'm not a registered customer yet. I'm reading the help information about the Web License Manager and trying to figure out how it works.

Hope that you can help.

Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are going to use our activation system you have to use VMProtectActivateLicense from our SDK. This API sends HTTP request to an activation server and it requires internet access. The result of VMProtectActivateLicense is a serial number that you have to check with VMProtectSetSerialNumber (this API works offline).
alorent

Post by alorent »

Thanks for the info.

So, each time that I want to check the status of the current activation, I call VMProtectGetSerialNumberState, right? So, I guess that function connects to the internet again to check the status of license? (In case that I changed the status in the Web License Manager, right?)

Not sure if I'm correct or not.

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not sure if I'm correct or not.
You are not correct. Please read my previous post more carefully.

Also I strongly recommend to read our user manual about our licensing and activation systems:
https://vmpsoft.com/vmprotect/user-manu ... ing-system
https://vmpsoft.com/vmprotect/user-manu ... ion-system
alorent

Post by alorent »

Hi,

Sorry for my dumbness. You mentioned the API VMProtectSetSerial (SET) which is offline.

But I was asking for the VMProtectGetSerialNumberState (GET). I guess that API is the one that receives the status of the current activation? I mean, if it was for example banned, etc. So, that one would require internet access?

Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It seems you still don't understand how the activation system works. VMProtectActivateLicense (it's an activation API) just receives a serial number from an activation server. VMProtectSetSerialNumber (it's a licensing API) and VMProtectGetSerialNumberState (it's a licensing API) work offline with the serial number and don't check anything online. VMProtectGetSerialNumberState returns the current state of the serial number that was passed to VMProtectSetSerialNumber.