Before I buy

Issues related to VMProtect
wakwak

Before I buy

Post by wakwak »

Ok. As a suggestion I think a demo is not the right way to test your application.
There should be a fully functional trial BUT with some nag screen or time limit.

Currently I am not able to REALLY test your application without buying it?
What if I it comes up short of my expectations?

There are automatic unpackers like
WSUNPACKER http://code.google.com/p/wsunpacker/

to unpack v2.08 and earlier and its an older v0.20 but still can identify new vmprotect exes.
Once unpacked vb decompiler pro easily reveals ALL my codes and forms on both native and pcode levels.
Basicly anyone can get all my source codes for free. It is slightly different from original exe but still its all there.

So CAN You or CAN't You Guarantee that my code will not get unpacked/dumped a few months later with never versions of unpackers?

If not what's the point of paying and getting marked by antivirus software?
If yes do I get a refund if some new unpacker unpacks it, too late after loosing all our confidential source codes... but still?
Last edited by wakwak on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Before I buy

Post by Admin »

Ok. As a suggestion I think a demo is not the right way to test your aplication.
There should be a fully functional trial BUT with may be with some nag screens and time limits etc.

Currently I am not able to REALLY test your application without buying it?
What if I it comes up short of my expectations?
Yes, the demo versionhas many limitations and the full version of VMProtect you will receive only after purchase. No ways to test the full version before.
to unpack v2.08 and earlier and older v0.20 can identify all wmprotect exes.
Once unpacked vb decompiler pro easily reveals ALL my codes, etc. on both native and pcode levels.
Basicly anyone can get all my source codes for free. It is slightly different from original exe but still its all there.
So CAN You or CAN't You Guarentee that my code will not get unpacked/dumped a few months later with never versions of unpackers?
I think you don't know what is the main feature of VMProtect :)) It is the virtualization of your critical code. The packing of execuitable isn't a protection - it's only additional feature. All packed files can be dumped from memory when executed. So you dumped file can be loaded in different tools for analyze/decompilation.
Do you understand it?
If not what's the point of paying and getting marked by antivirus software?
What antiviruses are you talking about?
If yes do I get a refund if some new unpacker unpacks it, too late after loosing all our confidential source codes but still?
For all confidential source codes we recommend to use virtualization. Only this protection method can help you.