The program starts slowly on some computers

Issues related to VMProtect
Shzc

The program starts slowly on some computers

Post by Shzc »

When I use the default configuration of 3.8, the output exe starts slowly on some computers, and some even take a few minutes. When I switch to VMProtect 2. X, there is no problem. Attachment is my settings. Is there any way to solve this problem? In addition,What is the specific difference between default and VMProtect 2.X?
Attachments
error.png
error.png (12.73 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The program starts slowly on some computers

Post by Admin »

When I use the default configuration of 3.8, the output exe starts slowly on some computers, and some even take a few minutes.
Please try the 1681 build.
In addition,What is the specific difference between default and VMProtect 2.X?
This is old VM from 2.X version. We strongly recommend to use the "Default" VM version with Complexity >= 20%. Also you can specify different Complexity value for each function with "Virtualization" or "Ultra" compilation type.
GHTheBoss

Post by GHTheBoss »

Shzc wrote:When I use the default configuration of 3.8, the output exe starts slowly on some computers, and some even take a few minutes. When I switch to VMProtect 2. X, there is no problem. Attachment is my settings. Is there any way to solve this problem? In addition,What is the specific difference between default and VMProtect 2.X?
if i can suggest. On entrypoint put only mutation. or at latest virtualization try it few time and see which one speed up code execution of your software. also as the admin suggest try last bulld. which works perfectly!
Shzc

Post by Shzc »

GHTheBoss wrote:
Shzc wrote:When I use the default configuration of 3.8, the output exe starts slowly on some computers, and some even take a few minutes. When I switch to VMProtect 2. X, there is no problem. Attachment is my settings. Is there any way to solve this problem? In addition,What is the specific difference between default and VMProtect 2.X?
if i can suggest. On entrypoint put only mutation. or at latest virtualization try it few time and see which one speed up code execution of your software. also as the admin suggest try last bulld. which works perfectly!
Thank you! The new version works well.
Shzc

Post by Shzc »

I found a new problem. Some computers cannot start the program after using the new version. This error will occur: "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated any maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked."
GHTheBoss

Post by GHTheBoss »

Shzc wrote:I found a new problem. Some computers cannot start the program after using the new version. This error will occur: "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated any maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked."

Hello can u let know us, which build, exactly you use ?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This error will occur: "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated any maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked."
It seems someone modifies your application in the memory, so the protected application shows the error.
Shzc

Post by Shzc »

GHTheBoss wrote:
Shzc wrote:I found a new problem. Some computers cannot start the program after using the new version. This error will occur: "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated any maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked."

Hello can u let know us, which build, exactly you use ?
Like you recommended. I have tried many options, including VMProtect 2 X, but they all failed. Only the program without VMP can work normally. I'm not sure if this is caused by the new version of Windows system(Windows10 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0)
Shzc

Post by Shzc »

Admin wrote:
This error will occur: "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated any maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked."
It seems someone modifies your application in the memory, so the protected application shows the error.
The feedback person said that it had no problem using the previous version of last November. That is, using previous versions of VMP may avoid this issue, but I haven't tested it yet.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Usually such problem doesn't occur in our software, but using trash antiviruses (like Chinese 360, Microsoft Defender, ESET NOD32, Avira, etc.). As I remember some software from Intel also modifies applications in the memory. Ask your customers to check your software with the clean Windows without any third-party software.
Shzc

Post by Shzc »

Admin wrote:Usually such problem doesn't occur in our software, but using trash antiviruses (like Chinese 360, Microsoft Defender, ESET NOD32, Avira, etc.). As I remember some software from Intel also modifies applications in the memory. Ask your customers to check your software with the clean Windows without any third-party software.
Thank you. We will check other software later.