Yet another huge output size increase

Issues related to VMProtect
debugger

Yet another huge output size increase

Post by debugger »

Hello,

Same vmp project file, two versions
3.7.3 vs 3.7.4 10MB vs 14MB output exe size.

Is this known and expected?
Version V3 overall, as many other complained produced big exe files, now it's even 40% more than current V3 versions. :roll:
Last edited by debugger on Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catharsis

Re: Yet another huhge output size increase

Post by Catharsis »

In 2023, is anyone still worried about a few extra megabytes?)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Please notice that the 3.7.4 version has heavily improved code virtualization whitch with the latest virtual machine obfuscation has a larger size than 3.X, but it breaks all public and private tools for analyzing of virtualized code. We strongly recommend to use this version for your native applications.
debugger

Post by debugger »

Catharsis wrote:In 2023, is anyone still worried about a few extra megabytes?)
Yes, you would be surprised how critical it can be sometimes I guess the same will apply in 2030 too at least for me.
debugger

Post by debugger »

Admin wrote:Please notice that the 3.7.4 version has heavily improved code virtualization whitch with the latest virtual machine obfuscation has a larger size than 3.X, but it breaks all public and private tools for analyzing of virtualized code. We strongly recommend to use this version for your native applications.
Thanks for explanation and info about new good protection.
However I'm a bit worried that it could end up with new bad guys reverse tools, and only side effect as huge output, I hope I'm wrong :roll:
esnsb

Post by esnsb »

Admin wrote:Please notice that the 3.7.4 version has heavily improved code virtualization whitch with the latest virtual machine obfuscation has a larger size than 3.X, but it breaks all public and private tools for analyzing of virtualized code. We strongly recommend to use this version for your native applications.
Can it anti IDA's analysis?