Will VMProtect ever support .NET Applications?

Issues related to VMProtect
Supernova

Will VMProtect ever support .NET Applications?

Post by Supernova »

I am a developer and I develop things in a couple of programming languages. Not only do I program in C but I also develop things made in Visual Basic. I am just curious, I want to protect my .NET Applications as well from being cracked etc.. But I can see that VMProtect doesn't support .NET Applications :( is this ever going to happen? If not, does anyone have a recommendation for my .NET Applications?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will VMProtect ever support .NET Applications?

Post by Admin »

The main feature of VMProtect is the code virtualization. So VMProtect supports only native applications (x86, x86-64 commands) and can not protect MSIL code.
breoadg

Post by breoadg »

It is possible to make code virtualization protection for .NET, e.g. Eazfuscator.NET. I was considering buying VMProtect Ultimate and WLM (much more developed than Eazfuscator.NET for the same price) and I was very surprised to learn it doesn't support .NET. If you decide to make it .NET compatible during next few months I will gladly buy your product and I bet I won't be alone.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately we are not going to add code virtualization for .NET application in the nearest future.
breoadg

Post by breoadg »

Too bad. You have a really great and comfortable product, but for me .NET is a must. :(
bitman2112

Post by bitman2112 »

breoadg wrote:You have a really great and comfortable product
+1